Site Counter

Monday, February 26, 2007

Off to Omaha!

I thought I would share with you that I will be leaving snowy Grand Forks for a couple days next week to present my paper "Camp Carrollton, Illinois: A Glimpse into the Daily Life of Union Soldiers in the Camp of Instruction" in Omaha, NE at the 50th annual Missouri Valley History Conference. I am really looking forward to this and hope that the weather holds so I will have easy travels. I leave Wednesday and will return Friday and hopefully will try and let you all know how it went and maybe find a way to post a video of it here (I plan to tape it with my video camera). Wish me luck as I am competing for two prizes each carrying a $200 prize. I'll try and remember to post an article about it this coming weekend. Hope you all have a great week and if you are attending the conference, come and see me, as I'll be presenting from 3:00-5:00 PM on March 1 in the Embassy Suites in downtown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home